Admission and Appeal Arrangements
Admission Arrangements for St Peter’s CE Primary School
Parent Open Tours will take place on the following dates;
Monday, 16th October 2023 at 5.00 pm
Wednesday 29th November 2023 at 5.00 pm
Please email school at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place.
Admission Arrangements for 2024/2025
A copy of our Admission Arrangements (including oversubscription criteria) for the 2024/25 Academic Year can be found at the foot of this page.
You can view our 2024/25 admission information on the St Helens Council Admission Website ; https://www.sthelens.gov.uk/media/3519/primary-education-booklet/pdf/primary-admissions-booklet-2022-2023.pdf?m=637840591307130000
The school will ensure it meets its duties set under the DfE’s ‘School Admissions Code’ by:
- Not refusing admission for a child thought to be potentially disruptive, or likely to exhibit challenging behaviour, on the grounds that the child is first to be assessed for SEND.
- Not refusing admission for a child that has named the school in their EHC plan.
- Considering applications from parents of children who have SEND but do not have an EHC plan.
- Not refusing admission for a child who has SEND but does not have an EHC plan because the school does not feel able to cater for those needs.
- Not refusing admission for a child who does not have an EHC plan.
- Not discriminating against or disadvantaging applicants with SEND.
- Ensuring policies relating to school uniform and trips do not discourage parents of pupils with SEND from applying for a place.
- Adopting fair practices and arrangements in accordance with the ‘School Admissions Code’ for the admission of children without an EHC plan.
- Ensuring the school’s oversubscription arrangements will not disadvantage children with SEND.
- Ensuring that tests for selection are accessible to children with SEND, with reasonable adjustments made where necessary.
- The governing body has a duty to comply with LA Fair Access Protocol
Parents may exercise their right to appeal to the Independent Appeal Panel if their application for a place at St Peter's has been refused. St Helens Local Authority administers appeals on behalf of the Governing Body of St Peter's CE Primary School, more information can be found at: